Friday, February 02, 2007

Customer Service @ Shopper's Drug Mart

So.... time to change to a new pharmacy, I guess.

I realize that my tolerance for things that waste my time is a ~little~ on the low side... I get very little time when I can run errands... and I really detest it when people waste it for me...
but I don't think that it's all me.

Last month when I went to pick up a Rx for my maInLaw, they would only give me one month supply for that particular one....all the others, they fill 4 or 6 months worth all at once ... no problem. But for some unknown reason they refuse to do so with her nitro patch. So - I take the one month supply (and pay the same dispensing fee as I would have for a 4/6 month supply) - reluctantly.

Before I went back this month though, we arranged for the doctor's office to call in a new Rx for a 4 month supply. No problem, they called and told them that they could fill them all at once (so that we don't have to pay the dispensing fee 6 times!)

Went in today to pick them up and #1, they hadn't bothered to fill it, and #2, they wanted to only give me one month's worth again. I argued, and eventually they agreed to do 3 months....
That took 10 minutes (2 different people)

fine - how long?

"10 or 15 minutes"

So ... I have an errand I can run in the same mall ... no problem. Gone for about 15 minutes ...come back, they're not ready.

A half an hour later, they are still not ready.

I ask a young man behind the counter to check what's up with them.
No problem, he'll do that for me.

About 10 minutes later, he happens to notice that I am now standing at the counter with my arms crossed and I'm sure obviously displeased. He has not yet asked - oops, sorry! I forgot.

Uh huh.

Goes to check on the Rx.

Oh - they haven't got to it yet. It'll be "a bit" yet.

So.... not only have they wasted my found hour today, but now I will have to go back tomorrow to actually pick it up.

Does he apologize? Does she - the twit that told me 15 minutes in the first place - apologize?

I say "I will be back tomorrow; thanks for wasting my time!"

Their response? both of them - in unison.

"You're welcome."

A conditioned response I'm sure - customer says thank you, you say you're welcome.

I suspect that that is the full extent of the customer service training they get at Shopper's Drug Mart!

No comments: