Sunday, February 25, 2007

Procrastinating

I'm supposed to be writing a paper today.

The Use of Sexuality to Evoke Terror in the Gothic Novel

That's what I have so far! Well, not really. I have gone through both of the novels I am to use and collected up quotes and so on ... found the places in which sexuality is used to evoke terror, in other words. And I have downloaded a bunch of reference articles - we have to use at least two.... I have many, because that's about all I accomplished yesterday as well.

I have to get something down on paper... but it's just not coming and I am getting very very very frustrated.

The computer I was supposed to be fixing this weekend is also not co-operating and I am getting very very very frustrated.

About the only thing that I have accomplished in days, really, is that I did manage to get off my arse and go for a walk last night. Now that I don't have to be home for D., thought it would be a good idea to take the dog and start walking up to meet R. on his way home from work again. I used to do that - before the hospital, and before D. couldn't be left on her own ...and we both enjoyed it.

I haven't turned msn on. Don't feel like talking. I had no patience for phone calls yesterday - none! Ended up hanging up on J. ... bad timing on her part, mostly. Tried to lay down and have a nap in the afternoon and every time I actually managed to doze off the phone rang. She was the third person to wake me up!

Why am I so bluddy miserable? Nothing is going right. I have so much to get done and I just can't seem to do any of it.

It's not like D. was my mother. If anything, she was a burden I should be glad to be relieved of - and I shouldn't feel guilty about that because she would never have opted to become a burden; to lose any semblance of dignity, to live with so little left. We did the best we could for her, and she stayed at home, the way she wanted to.

I am not supposed to be so miserable. I am supposed to be writing papers, fixing computers, making up for lost time.

It's just not working.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are suppose to be mourning and working through the grief process. She was the reason why you did many things in your life. She is the reason you made certain choices. She was an individual you commited a great deal of energy and emotions to. Sooner you acknowledge it, the sooner you can move on.
You do not have to be perfect to be accepted and loved. Take a moment for a deep breath and time for acceptance of you and how you are feeling.
Mom