Sunday, February 04, 2007

Yesterday, we had our first visit from home nursing care.

She was quite clear about ma's chances of recovery - no big surprises, but having some one else tell us certainly made the prospect of losing her in the near future more real. A week, maybe two, she said.

So - we're coping. Continuing to try to get food and fluids into her. Trying to prevent her skin from breaking down. Hoping that everyone is wrong and that - now that her fever seems to have broken and she has occassional waking periods - she might recover (she's proven the experts wrong before)

We're focused, my partner and I, on caring for her.

I wish the rest of the world would grab a clue!

It snowed last night. So this morning, before too much else, hubby had to go outside and clear the driveways.

And then one of our tenants called - my furnace is out, fix it now.

I was rather snotty to him. Suggested that he might perhaps at least give me time to finish what I was doing - and he whined some more and was demanding - so I told him what I was actually in the middle of doing when he called. I suspect he would rather not have known. Serves him right!

So - I have changed and fed and turned and got things ready for his breakfast which he may or may not actually have time to eat....while he has cleared the snow and gone to check the furnace and find our furnace guy's new phone number

Today I need to read Dante's Paradiso, and finish preparing for a seminar I am to give on Tuesday, and plan my lesson for tomorrow night's class, oh - and I think I have a quiz in Poetry tomorrow ... will have to study for that some time because honestly, right now, I can't remember a blessed thing that we have discussed in that class to date. Oh, and I have to send the notes out from Friday's class, and write a proposal, and my paperwork re: next year is going to be late if I don't get it filled out soon and and and and ....

Life keeps on going...even when ...

No comments: