Monday, January 15, 2007

A Very Long Day

The weather - and of course, the roads - are lousy today. Took me almost 2x as long as usual to drive in to the college - only to find that my prof - who comes by GO from TO didn't bother to make the trip at all. Would it have killed him to have posted an announcement to that effect on Blackboard (our online course system) so that I might have known not to bother? I did check for one before I left.

Now I'm in Barrie and both my classes have been cancelled (both with him) .... and I can't turn around and just go home because Im teaching this evening (assuming they don't at some point cancel those - unlikely, as the weather seems to be clearing now; no sign of freezing rain). It's 12:35 now - 6 and a half hours to go :(

Oh well.... got my laptop (and converter so that I can plug it in while I'm in the car) and lots of my textbooks and so on.... can always go to East End or whatever.... think that's where I'm going to head now, actually - too damn cold to sit here for too long right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to Mom's blog and got the link so yes, I now have you in my favourites.
Talk soon
Andrea